Very Big 1100mm Size Octocopter Frame Set by Tarot
Great to carry Prosumer or DSLR camera for long time filming.
Why play big? Because when it comes to flying object, the bigger the aircraft, the more stable it is. This T15 is a Foldable 1100 size octocopter (that’s more than One meter dia.), it’s even bigger with propellers installed. The drone itself is made with top end material, 3K Carbon Fiber Plates and Tubes, Aluminum CNC machined parts everywhere, especially the Motor Mount, they are awesome, machined from one big block of aluminum and then anodized with Orange an Black, plus a thick carbon fiber plate as the motor base mount. It has two battery plates on top, you can put 2 X 22.2 5500mah batteries, and you should get about 15 minutes of flight time. Considering you are carrying heavy payload (e.g. DSLR camera), this is a fairly long flight time.
Why Eight rotors? Well, eight propellers creates more lift and carry more payload, and best of all, let’s consider this is a Fail-Safe feature, with latest flight controller technology, octocopter can still fly and land safely even with two dead motors, for a serious work equipment, it’s wise to use Octocopter.
How to carry a DSLR? We recommend the Tarot DSLR gimbal, that is made for this T15 drone, or you can mount other camera gimbal underneath, however, for those who are looking for such aerial solution, you can DIY your camera rig .
Strongly recommend you use high end components on this T15 frame, this is a heavy duty professional equipment, safety first! You may contact us and we will give you some opinions on how to choose the electronics. In our experience the total cost to make this drone fly and carrying DSLR camera is about USD$3000~3500.
Difference between Tarot T15 and Tarot T18?
“15” and “18” means the largest props the frame can take, T15 can take 15″ propeller, T18 can take 18″ propeller. For 15″ propeller with standard 4114 size 330kv motor and 6S battery, thrust is around 1.5kg @ 60% throttle, multiply by 8, that means T15 all up weight should be less than 12kg. For 18″ propeller with a bigger motor like 5008 size 340kv, thrust is around 2kg @ 60% throttle, also multiply by 8, that means T18 all up weight should be less than 16kg. You can pick the one that suit your requriement.
Carry DSLR Cameras like Canon 5D II / 5D III for 15 minutes of mixed flying
That means you will get 15 minutes of Non-Stop and Stable movie quality footage, this is the tool to get it done!
Optional Power Package
Tarot 14kg AUW (1.75kg/arm) Combo
This propulsion system is the economical and reliable choice to carry an all-up-weight of 14kg into the air (1.75kg/arm).
- 8x Tarot 4114 High Power Brushless Motor (320kv
- 4x Tarot 1555 High Strength Plastic Propellers Set (Foldable / CW + CCW)
- 8x Hobbywing XRotor 40A-OPTO ESC
- Arms Dia : 25mm
- Motor to motor dia. : 1020mm
- Tip to tip dia. : 1070mm
- Height : 380cm
- Body size : 250 x 240mm
- Motor mounting holes : 16mm / 19mm / 25mm / 27mm (triangle)
- Motor : Tarot 4114 / 320KV
- ESC : Hobbywing XRotor 40A-OPTO
- Propeller : Tarot 1555 Propellers
- Flight Controller : DJI A3, WKM or NAZA V2
- Radio Set : At least 8 Ch. Radio System
- Carrying : Tarot DSLR Gimbal (Servo Driven), FPV System, Camera
- Remarks : You need many wires to solder the motors and servo extension cable to connect with flight controller. You need to have RC knowledge for this drone.
This package includes :
1. T15 Frame (Wires and electronics are sold separately)
2. Landing Skids
3. Some Stickers
4. Assemble Manual
This is Airframe only!
You need to put many electronics on it yourself, namely Motors, ESC, Flight Controller, FPV, Radio Controller, Camera Gimbal and Propellers, they are NOT easy stuff for beginners, so we recommend this airframe for those who can solder stuff and willing to put things together. This is a professional thing for movie grade video shooting, not a toy!!
What you’ll need to build this X8 Octocopter?
You see this is the X8 Frame only, you’ll need the right electronics to build this, these are the items :
- 8 X Brushless motors (At leaset 40mm diameter class)
- 4 X 15″~16″ Clowckwise Propellers
- 4 X 15″~16″ Counter-Clowckwise Propellers
- 8 X 40A ESC
- 1 X Flight Controller w/ GPS function
- 1 X Radio Controller
- 1 X 22.2V 12000mah battery or above
- 1 X 6S Li-Po battery charger
- 1 X FPV System (optional)
- 1 X TI TopXGun Flight Controller with OSD and GPS (optional)
- 1 X Tarot Camera Gimbal (for Canon 5D or GoPro, (optional)
About the Drone’s Battery
You will need 6S 12000mah~22000mah to fly this big drone which is a huge battery pack. Because of Airlines Safety Regulation, Helipal does not ship battery this big at this moment, you need to get it somewhere close to you.
|Dimensions||22 × 10 × 4 in|